Campus Safety Report Oct 28 - Nov 10

Provided by Ross Stout

Director of Campus Safety

The Campus Safety Report is published as it's received, without edits by Collegian Staff.

Graphic by Maizy Goerlitz

Burglary

November 3, 2022, 10:59 p.m. (Pi Beta Phi): Sonitrol security called to report motion had been detected in Pi Beta Phi. Campus Safety officers arrived on scene and observed a light in a room turn off and a person moving inside the building. The officers attempted to enter the room where the light had been but found that the door had been locked. An individual exited the room with their hands up and stated that the door to the building had been unlocked. The individual complied with the officers’ request to leave the premises. The officers then found that the patio double door was unsecured.

Emergency Medical Aid

October 29, 2022, 1:00 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): A Campus Safety officer received a call that a student was experiencing abdominal pain.Paramedics were called for medical assessment. It was determined that the student was stable enough to be transported to the ER via Campus Safety.

Suspicious Activity/Persons

October 30, 2022, 12:03 p.m. (Ford Hall): A Campus Safety officer made contact with an individual screaming in front of Ford Hall. The individual has been on campus on previous occasions. The officer escorted the individual off property.

November 1, 2022, 8:07 a.m. (Atkinson GSM): An employee called to report an individual sleeping in front of the entrance to the Mudd building.Campus Safety responded and trespassed the individual who gathered their belongings and left the premises.

November 1, 2022, 9:16 a.m. (Eaton Hall): An employee reported that an individual had been putting up posters in Eaton Hall and was heading toward Smullin Hall. Campus Safety located the individual and escorted them off campus.

November 2, 2022, 3:05 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call stating that an individual was attempting to open car doors in the Sparks Parking Lot. A Campus Safety officer responded to the scene and was unable to locate the reported individual.

November 3, 2022, 10:30 a.m. (Ford Hall): Campus Safety received a report that an individual was shouting and pacing near Ford Hall. Campus Safety responded and located the individual South of Olin. The officers followed the individual until they left university property.

November 3, 2022, 11:32 a.m. (University Services Building): An employee reported that there was an irate individual outside of the University Services Building. A Campus Safety officer responded to the scene and made contact with the individual who refused to leave campus. Salem Police was contracted for assistance. Campus Safety followed the individual until they made their way off campus where Salem Police then spoke with the individual.

November 4, 2022, 10:27 a.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call from a student reporting an individual talking to a light pole in front of Goudy. An officer was dispatched to check on the individual, but they had left the area.

November 4, 2022, 3:12 p.m. (McCulloch Stadium): Campus Safety received a call from a student reporting an individual had jumped the fence at the stadium and was now inside the area. An officer responded and made contact with the individual who was compliant and left.

November 9, 2022, 8:20 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call from a student reporting an individual looking into cars in the lot. An officer responded to the area and searched for the individual, but could not locate them.

Theft

November 4, 2022, 7:25 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety was contacted by a student to notify that their vehicle had their catalytic converter stolen. An officer filed a report and also advised the student to contact Salem Police to also report the theft.

Welfare Check

October 31, 2022, 7:20 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): An employee requested a welfare check for a student who had not been responding to phone calls. An officer arrived at the student’s residence and was able to make contact with the student who stated that they were okay but had not been feeling well.