Goudy temporarily changing dining hours and services for safety of students and staff

Jake Procino

News editor

Goudy Commons at night. Photo by Jake Procino

Bon Appétit, Willamette’s dining service provider, is temporarily changing dining hours and services over the weekend for the safety of staff and students, according Director of Operations Darin Wachs over email.

Dinner hours will be served at Goudy Commons from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 13 and Sunday, Feb. 14. Brunch on Sunday, Feb. 14 will be served from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., with no continental breakfast. Blitz Market will be closed for the entirety of the weekend. Normal dining hours will resume Monday, Feb. 15.

Wachs said the reason for these changes is “to improve the safety for students and staff” going to and from Goudy. He said, “We would like to avoid the cold hazards/conditions as much as possible that get worse after dark as the evening gets colder and possibly more dangerous.” Wachs said that the changes are for this weekend only, though they may be adjusted again if the weather gets worse.

Collegian senior spotlight: grads on variety of paths

Jesse Buck Lifestyles editor Mary Wang How long have you worked for the Collegian and in what positions? This past year was my first and only year working at the Collegian as the Production Manager. W

Alexander Knorr confirmed as 2021-22 ASWU Chief Justice

Noah Dantes Editor-in-chief Alexander Knorr (’22), a former associate justice of the Associated Students of Willamette University (ASWU) and current president of College Republicans, has been named AS