Photographs of a quiet campus

Photos by Dani Garcia King Captions by Sophie Smith

Photo editor Editor-in-chief

dgarciak@willamette.edu slsmith@willamette.edu

The Bistro, which is usually packed with patrons all hours of the day, is now vacant. A week after announcing that its hours would shorten and that only take-orders would be served, Bistro leadership announced on March 21 that it would close for the rest of the semester.

Read a full story about these changes to the beloved campus café in next week’s Collegian.

Although some students remain in their dorms, most of the campus’ residence halls are emptied and shuttered, including many in Lausanne Hall. Behind Lausanne is a Doney lot empty of cars.

The normally bustling quad and its surrounding pathways are empty. The magnolia tree by Smith Auditorium blooms without its usual hammockers and tree climbers.

University employees, donning face masks, get ready to assist American Studies Program (ASP) students with their luggage. All ASP students returned home on April 1 and 2.

A sign directs students to Goudy Dining Hall’s side entrance. Goudy is the only on-campus dining location still open to students and Willamette community members, albeit with limited services and hours.

The exterior of the Baxter Hall complex, which houses Bishop Wellness Center. Bishop Director Don Thomson announced on March 30 that the center will conduct many health and counseling services remotely via Zoom and phone calls.

WU student attacked in racially-motivated hate crime

Emma Innes Staff writer A Willamette University student was the subject of a racially motivated hate crime the afternoon of Sunday, Feb. 28, according to an email sent out by Vice President of Student

Campus Safety report: Feb. 22-28

Campus Safety Report February 22-28, 2021 Provided by Ross Stout. Possession of a Controlled Substance February 26, 9:22 p.m. (Cascadia): Campus Safety was contacted to confiscate found paraphernalia.

• Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • White Facebook Icon