Campus Safety report: Feb. 1-7

Campus Safety Report

February 1 - 7, 2021

Provided by Ross Stout.

Medical Escort

February 4, 9:48 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call from a student requesting a ride to the ER due to an injury. An officer responded and transported the student to the ER and later picked them up and returned them to their residence.

Suspicious Activity/Persons

February 2, 12:21 p.m. (Stadium): Campus Safety received a call from an employee after they noticed damaged fencing and shed siding on the grounds. A report was filed and a work order to repair the damage was created.

February 2, 12:51 p.m. (Goudy Commons): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual passing through campus without a mask on. The officer approached the individual to inform them of the campus mask policy, but the individual then left campus.

February 2, 3:09 p.m. (Sparks Center): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual camping near the building. The individual was informed that the campus is closed to visitors and was asked to leave.

February 2, 3:34 p.m. (Winter Street): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual attempting to talk to students and staring at residence halls. Officers responded and met with the individual and informed them of the campus visitor policy. The individual was then escorted off campus.

February 3, 10:53 a.m. (TIUA): Campus Safety received a call from an employee reporting an individual sleeping near the building. An officer responded and made contact with the individual who then became agitated. The individual then left when advised Salem Police would then be contacted to remove the individual from campus.

February 4, 10:13 a.m. (University Center): While on patrol, Willamette Watch encountered an individual passing through campus without a mask on. An officer responded and the individual was asked to leave campus.

February 4, 12:48 a.m. (Southwood Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual going through the dumpster. An officer responded and met with the individual and informed them of the campus visitor policy. The individual then left campus.

February 4, 10:29 p.m. (Atkinson GSM): Campus Safety received a call reporting multiple individuals camped out near the building. Officers responded and the individuals were informed that the campus is closed to visitors and were asked to relocate off campus property.

February 5, 2:52 p.m. (University Services Building): Campus Safety received a call reporting two visitors on campus taking photos. An officer responded and met with the individuals and informed them of the campus visitor policy.

February 5, 4:50 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual going through the dumpsters. An officer responded and searched the surrounding areas, but the individual had already left.

February 6, 4:30 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual passing through campus. The individual was informed the campus is closed to visitors and was asked to leave campus.

February 6, 8:12 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call reporting a dark colored vehicle driving around the lot slowly multiple times. An officer responded and searched the lot and surrounding lots, but could not locate the vehicle.

February 7, 11:50 a.m. (State Street): While on patrol, an officer encountered two individuals passing through campus carrying large bags. The officer spoke with the individuals who were trying to find the hospital and reminded the individuals that the campus is closed to visitors. The officer then escorted them the right direction.

February 7, 12:15 p.m. (Pi Beta Phi): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual sleeping behind the building. The officer made contact with the individual and informed them that the campus is closed to visitors and asked the individual to leave.