Campus Safety report: Feb. 8-14

Campus Safety Report

February 8 - 14, 2021

Provided by Ross Stout.

Burglary

February 8, 9:14 am (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety was contacted by Bon Appetit staff after noticing items and food missing in the office area. Camera footage was reviewed and a suspect was seen entering the building earlier in the morning. A report was filed. The Salem Police Department were also contacted and provided with documentation and camera footage of the suspect for their investigation.

Suspicious Activity/Persons

February 9, 12:14 p.m. (Mill Street): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual not wearing a mask on campus. An officer responded and informed the individual that masks are required on campus. The individual left afterward.

February 10, 12:02 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call from a staff member reporting an individual carrying a stick attempting to get into rooms. An officer responded and searched the area, but the individual could not be located.

February 12, 8:57 a.m (York House): Campus Safety received a call from a student after an individual without a mask had approached them. An officer responded and searched the area to see if the individual was still on campus, but they had already left.

Trespass

February 14, 10:55 p.m. (Baxter Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual near Matthews. An officer responded and located the individual, inside the vestibule in front of Bishop Wellness Center. The individual was told to leave, but they refused. The Salem Police Department was then contacted and the individual was trespassed, arrested, and removed from campus.