Jett's Sport Report: Issue 3

Jett Starr

Sports Editor

Three Blitz the Bearcats carry a football, a soccer ball, and and a basketball
Art by Minna Zhou

Women’s Volleyball had a tough weekend, losing 3-0 to Puget Sound and 3-2 to Pacific Lutheran. This drops the team down to 4th place and essentially out of the title race. Shyla Sato was the star of the weekend, with 41 digs vs PLU.

Men’s Soccer didn’t have much to show for their weekend either, failing to clinch the league away at PLU in a 2-1 loss and then tying Puget Sound 0-0. The lone goal came from Jett Starr, assisted by Drew Alexander. Pierluca Carnovale and the entire backline can be applauded for the shutout against Puget Sound. The Bearcats have one last chance to win the league as they take on Linfield away this weekend.

Women’s Soccer maintained the theme of the weekend with a 3-0 loss to Puget Sound and a 2-0 loss to George Fox.

Football lost 53-0 against PLU this weekend. No more needs to be said about that.

Men’s Swimming took sixth at the NWC swim meet this weekend, while the Women’s team took 7th. Julius Wilhelmi was the most outstanding Bearcat, taking 3rd in the Men’s 50 yard freestyle.

Men’s and Women’s Cross Country are preparing for the Northwest Conference Championship meet on Oct. 29th.

Triathlon is preparing for the Women’s Collegiate Championship in Tempe, Arizona on Nov. 12th.

Women’s Basketball was the winningest team of the week as they beat Corban 66-57 in an uncounted game on Sunday. Megan River led the team with 14 points and 5 assists. It was a Halloween themed event. The scariest thing for Corban were the Bearcats.