Meet the ASWU candidates!

Updated: Sep 21, 2021

All pictures and bios were provided by Angel Park, ASWU president, and compiled by Emma Innes, News Editor. The bios have not received any editing on the part of the Collegian.

Class of 2025

Aiden Dopson
Running for: Class Senator

Hi, my name is Aiden Dopson, (He/Him) and I am filled with excitement to be running for ASWU this year! I am from Twin Falls, Idaho, but Oregon is where I belong. I was in Student Government in high school for 4 years and also held the position of Vice-President my senior year. I have experience volunteering with habitat for humanity and do my best to dedicate my time to learning about and growing the community. My hobbies include: Playing the guitar, hiking, skiing, being with friends, and fencing. You’ll always be able to find me around campus, so don’t hesitate to ask me questions or just to say “hi”. My goals are to bring energy and excitement to school events, improve student amenities on campus, and help fellow peers find resources. I hope you consider voting for me so I can do my best to allocate funding to its most needed areas. I can’t wait to represent the most resilient students this century has seen!

Amanda Padgett
Running for: Class Senator

My name is Amanda Padgett (she/her) and I am a freshman here at Willamette. I am from Appleton, Wisconsin and am majoring in Public Policy, Law and Ethics. Some of my hobbies include cooking, reading, and exploring the outdoors. I also enjoy hanging out with my friends and cuddling with my dog back home! Here at Willamette I am really looking forward to getting involved! I am currently on Willamette’s debate team, and have lots of interest in the many volunteer opportunities around Salem. I am running to be a class senator because I am incredibly passionate about making this community as strong and inclusive as possible. I want to continue to see new clubs start each year, and hope to help foster an environment that welcomes new ideas. I have served in many leadership roles previously such as, the Chief Justice for the Wisconsin Youth in Government program, Captain of my high school’s debate team, and president of my school’s Environmental Club. Through those leadership roles I have learned that being a leader is not just getting elected to a position, but it is about continuously working to create and sustain a community that is well connected, and accessible to everyone. If elected as a class of 2025 senator I promise to work within ASWU to continue to make Willamette a fun and exciting place for every student on campus.

Brice Hoerauf
Running for: Class Senator

Hello, my name is Brice and I am currently a freshman here at Willamette. I am running for the ASWU Senate. My goal is to promote sustainability within our community. I feel that there is potential for growth and new ideas within our Willamette. I plan to add service opportunities for the student population and to help further the positive impact that Willamette makes within the local community. Food that would be wasted at Goudy, will be donated to assist the homeless population here in Salem. I wish to provide a voice for those that have not found, or maybe have lost theirs. Climate change has been an issue that I have been learning about and fighting for a long time. It is through education that we all are able to succeed. I will advocate for education on the issues that face our world, but even more importantly on how we can get involved. I take pride in my ability to lead and help others learn and I promise to all that I will enact change for the betterment of this institution and our community. I would be grateful for the opportunity to serve as your next ASWU senator. GO BEARCATS

Eliza Gonzalez
Running for: Class Senator

Hi! I’m Eliza Gonzalez (she/her) and I’m running for ASWU Senator of the Class of 2025. I am running because I am extremely passionate about making the Willamette community as fair and inclusive as it can be and want to be involved in bettering this space for everyone. I am so excited to be a part of an institution that values and fosters student creativity as well as academic excellence and can not wait to take part in some of the many service opportunities available. If elected, I would work to further communication between students and ASWU Senators to ensure that your feedback and suggestions are heard. I recognized that if elected, I will serve and represent my peers, so I ensure that I will unbiasedly and effectively bring forth the change my constituents wish to see. I have held many leadership roles in the past such as, Editor-in-Chief of my school’s yearbook, Student Class President, National English Honor Society Vice President, and National Honor Society Publicist. Through these roles I have learned that leadership is not about being the best or the loudest, but rather leading with kindness and compassion. I learned to advocate for what was best for the group of people I represent and work towards an equitable environment for all. I hope that this opportunity allows me to continue growing as a student and leader, thank you!

Hollis Mantle
Running for: Class Senator

Bio and photo not provided.

Class of 2023

Cameron Cole
Running for: Class Senator

Hi! I’m Cameron Cole (she/they). I’m a double major in Civic Communication and Media and Art History. I’m running for the ASWU Senate to represent the Class of 2023. If elected, I will work to advance equity on campus, increase accountability by making ASWU operations and records more accessible, and raise the minimum wage for student workers. Please reach out to <cjcole> with any questions!

Kasey Englert
Running for: Class Senator

Bio and photo not provided.

Class of 2022

Athena Marvitz
Running for: Class Senator

Bio and photo not provided.