Campus Safety Report Jan. 7 - Jan.13

Provided by Ross Stout

Director of Campus Safety

The Campus Safety Report is published as it's received, without edits by Collegian staff.

Graphic by Maizy Goerlitz

Criminal Mischief

January 08, 11:00 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call about a car found on-campus with a smashed window. The owner of the car was contacted and an Incident Report was taken.

Medical Assistance

January 10, 11:32 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call from a student who needed to be taken to Salem Hospital, an officer responded and escorted the student.

January 13, 01:10 a.m. (Sparks Field): An Officer observed an individual sleeping on the soccer field. The officer made contact with the individual and found that they were intoxicated and their breathing was slow. Emergency services were called and Salem Fire Department responded and spoke with the individual. The individual left campus without assistance.

Suspicious Activity/Persons

January 07, 2:19 p.m. (Physical Plant West): Campus Safety received a call about an individual who has taken a cart from Goudy and was trying to take pallets. An officer responded and escorted the individual off campus.

January 07, 7:00 p.m. (Belknap Lot): An officer observed an individual on campus who did not appear to be a student. The officer followed the individual until they were off campus.

January 07, 9:26 p.m. (Belknap Hall): Campus Safety received a call about an individual sleeping outside one of the residence halls. Two individuals were found and both left campus when asked.

January 11, 4:45 p.m. (Botanical Gardens): Campus Safety received a call about an individual in the gardens, an officer responded and made contact with the individual. The individual was cooperative and left the campus.

January 12, 4:05 p.m. (Botanical Gardens): An Officer made contact with an individual in the gardens who did not appear to be a student. Once this was confirmed the individual was asked to leave campus and they complied.

January 12, 6:53 p.m. (Waller Hall): An Officer observed an individual who did not appear to be a student near the building. The officer made contact with the individual who cooperated when asked to leave campus.

January 13, 2:04 p.m. (Gatke Hall): Campus Safety received a call about an individual staring at the north side entrance of this building while on the sidewalk directly in front of the building. An officer was dispatched to ask the individual to leave. The individual left the area at 2:14 p.m. but was later seen again doing the same thing at 3:27 p.m.

January 13, 2:33 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call about an individual staring at the front entrance of the building. An officer was dispatched but did not find the individual. At 2:45 p.m.

January 13, 3:32 p.m. (Eaton Hall): An Officer made contact with an individual on a bike who did not appear to be a student. The individual was asked to leave campus and the individual complied.

January 13, 3:55 p.m. (Montag Center): An Officer encountered an individual on a bike with a bag of cans, who did not appear to be a student. The individual was asked to leave campus and the individual complied.

Trespass

Campus Safety received a call that this individual was sleeping on the 6th floor inside the building. An officer responded the individual was escorted off campus.

Campus Safety Tip: Stop by Campus Safety to pick up a pepper spray after watching a safety video. You can also register your bike with Campus Safety and get a free metal bike lock!