Campus Safety report: Oct. 19-25

Campus Safety Report

October 19-25 2020

Provided by Ross Stout.

Alarm, Fire, Malicious

October 25, 7:05 p.m. (Belknap Hall): Campus Safety was notified of a fire alarm activated in the building. Students were evacuated while a Campus Safety officer and the Salem Fire Department responded in locating the source of the fire. It was determined that the fire alarm was caused by an activated pull station and not smoke or fire.

Suspicious Activity/Persons

October 19, 7:30 a.m. (Atkinson Annex): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual sleeping in the area. An officer responded and met with the individual and informed them that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual was asked to leave campus.

October 19, 9:18 a.m. (Japanese Gardens): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual loitering in the area. Officers responded and located the individual who was then asked to leave campus.

October 20, 12:54 p.m. (Botanical Gardens): While on patrol, Willamette Watch encountered an individual in the garden without a mask on and requested an officer respond. An officer responded to their location and informed the individual that masks are required on campus and that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual then left.

October 20, 1:24 p.m. (YWCA Building): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer encountered an individual on campus dumping trash near a building. The officer requested assistance and made contact with the individual who was then escorted off campus.

October 20, 1:30 p.m. (Museum of Art): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual entered the building and was openly carrying paraphernalia. Officers responded and met with the individual who was then escorted off campus.

October 20, 2:17 p.m. (Quad): While responding to a call, a Campus Safety officer encountered an individual talking to themselves and yelling. The officer attempted to talk with the individual, but the individual began to flee off campus.

October 20, 10:48 p.m. (WISH House): Campus Safety received a call from an employee reporting an individual trying to enter the building. An officer responded and met with the individual who was then escorted off campus.

October 21, 10:49 p.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a call from an employee reporting a suspicious individual sleeping near the entrance. An officer responded and met with the individual who was then asked to relocate off campus.

October 22, 12:41 a.m. (Micah Building): Campus Safety received a call reporting another individual sleeping outside the building entrance. An officer responded and met with the individual who was then asked to relocate off campus.

October 22, 7:52 a.m. (Waller Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual camped out underneath the stairs. An officer responded and made contact with the individual and informed them that the campus is closed to visitors and asked them to relocate off campus.

October 22, 11:13 a.m. (University Services Annex): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual sleeping between cars in the parking lot. An officer responded and requested the individual relocate off campus.

October 22, 9:34 p.m. (Ford Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting an unmasked individual in the area. An officer responded to the area and searched the surrounding areas, but could not locate the individual.

October 22, 9:56 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call reporting two individuals entering the parking lot area without masks on. An officer responded and encountered the individuals leaving the Softball lot as they entered. The individuals were informed that the campus is closed to visitors and if spotted again, they were subject to arrest for trespassing.

October 22, 11:19 p.m. (Smullin Hall): Campus Safety received a call from a student reporting an individual carrying various bags in the area. An officer responded and met with the individual and informed them that the campus is closed to visitors and that they would need to leave campus.

October 23, 10:49 p.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a call from facilities staff reporting a suspicious individual sleeping near the entrance. An officer responded and searched the area, but the individual fled as soon as they saw the officer.

October 23, 7:02 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call reporting an unknown individual entering the tent outside the building. An officer responded and searched the tent and Goudy, but could not locate the individual.

Trespass

October 20, 4:58 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual in the building. An officer responded and located the individual who stated they were waiting for someone. The individual was not able to provide ID when asked and was removed from the building. The officer followed the individual until they made it off campus.

• White Facebook Icon