Campus Safety Report Feb.11- Feb. 17

Provided by Ross Stout

Director of Campus Safety

The Campus Safety Report is published as it's received, without edits by Collegian staff.

Graphic by Maizy Goerlitz

Harassment/Trespass

February 11, 7:26 p.m. (Lee House): Campus Safety received a call about an individual pressing themself against an entrance window. Campus Safety was later informed that residents of this location had been harassed and had seen the individual run through the lobby and had slapped a student on the buttocks and then ran out an exit. All doors to the building were checked to assess how the individual could have gained access to the building. One door was reported to have potentially been propped open at 01:17 am, but no definitive answer was found. Officers checked all areas the individual had last been seen but the individual was not located.

Medical Assistance

February 14, 10:31 a.m. (Academic Building): A student was experiencing a medical issue and was requesting an escort to Bishop. Officers arrived on-site to assess the situation and assist the student.

February 14, 11:31 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): A student called requesting medical assistance, an officer and WEMS responded and assessed the student.

February 15, 6:27 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): A student called requesting medical assistance, an officer and WEMS responded. WEMS determined the student should be taken to Salem ER so the student was transported to the ER by Campus Safety.

Suspicious Activity/Persons

February 11, 8:00 A.m. (Matthews): Campus Safety received a call about an individual sleeping near the residence. An officer was dispatched to make contact with the individual who agreed to leave campus.

February 11, 9:15 a.m. (Brown Field): Campus Safety was informed of individuals on campus with metal detectors digging into the lawn. An officer was dispatched and informed these individuals that Willamette is private property and they can not dig in the lawns.

February 14, 6:05 a.m. (Atkinson Annex): An officer found burned debris next to the building, it is unknown when these items were left there.

February 15, 7:42 a.m. (YWCA Building): An officer observed an individual loitering at the entrance of the building, the officer made contact and the individual left the area.

February 15, 8:58 a.m. (Southwood Hall): Campus Safety received a call about an individual on-campus walking around with a metal pole hitting things. An officer responded to the area and observed the individual as they left campus.

February 15, 2:15 p.m. (University Service Building): An officer observed an injured wild turkey walking behind the Campus Safety building. The Department of Fish and Wildlife was called and they stated that they had a team in the area actively looking for this turkey. The team was not able to capture the turkey, and the turkey left the campus area with the team pursuing it.

February 15, 6:20 p.m. (Sparks Center): A stolen car was left on-campus. Salem Police was called and they had the car towed.

February 15, 11:20 p.m. (Collins Science): An officer encountered an individual loitering around this building. The officer informed the individual that the campus is private property and the individual agreed to leave campus.

February 17, 6:40 p.m. (Jackson Plaza): Campus Safety received a call about skateboarders on campus doing tricks. An officer went to the area and spoke with the kids who complied and left the campus.

329 views1 comment