Campus Safety Report Feb. 18 - Feb. 23

Provided by Ross Stout

Director of Campus Safety

The Campus Safety Report is published as it's received, without edits by Collegian staff.

Graphic by Maizy Goerlitz

Emergency Medical Aid

February 20, 12:30 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety was contacted to respond to a lockout for a student. An officer responded and encountered the student and their friends waiting and noticed one of the friends may need medical assistance. The officer contacted WEMS who responded and evaluated the student.

February 20, 1:40 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call from a student requesting an escort to the hospital for one of their friends. An officer responded and transported the student and their friends to Salem Hospital.

Suspicious Activity/Persons

February 18, 3:45 p.m. (Skybridge): While on patrol, an officer encountered a family who was lost on the Skybridge. The officer redirected the family and provided alternate directions on how to reach the train station.

February 20, 12:20 a.m. (Softball Parking Lot): A Campus Safety officer noticed a hole in the fence. A work order was made to have the fence repaired.

February 22, 7:33 a.m. (Hatfield Library): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual sleeping in front of the building. The officer made contact with the individual who then fled the area. The officer then cleaned up the trash that was left behind.

February 23, 3:00 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call from a resident after they noticed an individual dumping powder in the storm drain. Officer responded and checked around the area for the individual but could not locate them.

February 23, 8:20 a.m. (Olin Science): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual looking at bikes on the rack. An officer responded and made contact with an individual who was aggressive but left campus.

February 23, 8:38 a.m. (McCulloch Stadium): Campus Safety was contacted by Salem Police after they received a call reporting an individual laying in a sleeping bag in the area after a cold night. An officer responded and checked on the individual who was just waking up.

February 23, 12:39 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call from a student reporting a vehicle parked in the middle of the lot with no one around. An officer responded and later found the owner who stated they were waiting on a tow truck and that the vehicle will be moved.

February 23, 1:10 p.m. (Skybridge): While crossing the Skybridge, a Campus Safety officer encountered an individual carrying various trash items crossing over to Kaneko. The officer redirected them off of campus..

February 23, 3:11 p.m. (Sparks Center): Campus Safety received a call from Sparks staff after encountering an unknown individual multiple times during the day in the building. Surveillance video was reviewed and it was determined that the individual was let into the building three times during the day by different individuals who were already in the building. Sparks staff were notified of the individual and officers will be patrolling the area in case the individual returns.

Theft

February 19, 12:05 a.m. (Atkinson Parking Lot): Campus Safety was contacted after a student found their vehicle window and another vehicle window had been broken. An officer responded and met with the student and a report was filed. The owner of the second vehicle also contacted Campus Safety and a report was made. Individuals were also advised to also report the incident to Salem Police.

February 22, 4:55 p.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a call from a student reporting their bicycle had been stolen. The student was provided their bicycle registration information and was advised to also contact the Salem Police Department to report the theft with the details.