Campus Safety report: April 12-18

Campus Safety Report

April 12-18, 2021

Provided by Ross Stout.

Criminal Mischief

April 16, 8:15 a.m. (Haseldorf Apartments): While on patrol, an officer encountered a building wall that had been spray painted with graffiti. A report was filed and a work order was made to have the graffiti removed. The Salem Police Department was contacted to report the vandalism.

April 18, 12:00 a.m. (Carnegie Building): While on patrol, an officer found another building that had been spray painted with graffiti. A report was filed and a work order was made to have the graffiti removed. The Salem Police Department was also contacted to report the vandalism.

Emergency Medical Aid

April 12, 1:57 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call reporting a student had fallen and requested medical assistance. Officers responded to find the student being helped by Bon Appetit staff. Campus Safety officers then evaluated the student and it was determined they could be left in their own care. The officer escorted the student back to their residence and advised to give Campus Safety a call if they needed any further assistance.

Suspicious Activity / Persons

April 12, 11:30 p.m. (Lee/York): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual going through the dumpsters. The officer made contact with the individual and let them know that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual then left campus.

April 12, 7:43 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual in a sleeping bag yelling outside the building. An officer responded and informed the individual that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual was then escorted off campus.

April 13, 9:56 a.m. (State Street): While on patrol, an officer encountered two individuals without masks on taking photos in the area. The officer made contact with the individuals and informed them of the campus mask and visitor policies. The individuals then left.

April 13, 10:23 a.m. (State Street): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual without a mask on. The individual was informed of the campus mask policy and put their mask on.

April 13, 1:39 p.m. (Quad): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual passing through campus without a mask on. The individual was informed of the campus mask policy. The individual then left campus.

April 14, 4:00 a.m. (Atkinson GSM): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual sleeping at the entrance of the building. An officer responded and informed the individual that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual then gathered their belongings and left campus.

April 14, 3:50 p.m. (Cascadia Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual loitering around the building and talking to themselves. An officer responded and informed the individual that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual was then escorted off campus.

April 15, 12:14 p.m. (Quad): While on patrol, an officer encountered a group of individuals passing through campus. The officer made contact with the individuals informing them that the campus is currently closed to visitors. The individuals then left campus.

April 15, 8:56 p.m. (Theatre): Campus Safety received a call reporting an unknown individual attempting to get into the building. An officer responded and searched the area and surrounding area, but the individual had already left.

April 16, 2:24 p.m. (Doney Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting an unknown individual seen trying to enter buildings. An officer responded and located the individual and informed them of the campus visitor policy. The individual was then escorted off campus.

April 17, 7:22 p.m. (Baxter Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting two individuals fighting in the area near State Street. An officer responded and searched the area and surrounding areas, but the individuals had already vacated the area.