Campus Safety report: Nov. 2-8

Campus Safety report

November 2 - November 8

Provided by Ross Stout.

Burglary / Criminal Mischief / Trespass

November 8, 1:16 a.m. (Haseldorf Apartments): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer noticed an unknown individual enter and exit the building. The officer made contact with the individual who admitted they broke into the building. The officer checked the building and found no other occupants and contacted the Salem Police Department. The individual was taken into police custody and trespassed from the University.

Medical Emergency

November 4, 9:09 a.m. (Campus): Campus Safety received a call from the Salem Police Department reporting a possible suicidal student in one of the parking lots on campus. Officers and Salem Police responded and searched for the student’s vehicle, but could not locate it on campus. Salem Police was able to locate the student out of town and the student was found to be safe.

Suspicious Activity/Persons

November 2, 5:12 p.m. (Blue Parking Lot): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer encountered two individuals sitting with a shopping cart. The officer contacted the individuals and informed them that the campus is closed to visitors. The individuals then left campus.

November 2, 2:25 p.m. (Winter Street): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer encountered an individual passing through campus without a mask on. The officer made contact with the individual and informed them of the campus mask policy and also that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual was escorted off campus.

November 3, 6:45 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer encountered an individual on a bike looking into car windows. The officer approached the individual who then began to ride away. The officer searched the surrounding area and other parking lots, but was unable to locate the individual.

November 3, 7:58 a.m. (Law School): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer encountered an individual soliciting near the building. The officer made contact with the individual and informed them that the campus is closed to visitors and they were escorted off campus.

November 3, 11:23 a.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call from an employee from the Mail Center reporting an individual attempting to get into the building. An officer responded and checked the building and surrounding area, but could not locate the individual.

November 4, 12:11 p.m. (Waller Hall): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer encountered an unknown individual in the area. The officer made contact with the individual and informed them that the campus is closed to visitors and the individual promptly left campus.

November 4, 12:34 p.m. (Ford Hall): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer encountered an individual on campus without a mask on. The individual was informed of the campus mask policy and that the campus is closed to visitors.

November 4, 1:37 p.m. (Brown Field): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual on campus trying to get into the tent on the field. An officer responded and checked inside the tent and the surrounding area and located the individual trying to enter the law school. The officer made contact with the individual and they were escorted off campus.

November 4, 5:36 p.m. (Quad): Campus Safety received a call reporting multiple kids on bikes riding near the Quad. An officer responded and approached individuals who then left campus towards the State Capitol.

November 4, 7:24 p.m. (Botanical Garden): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual in the area without a mask on. An officer responded and located the individual and informed them of the campus mask policy and that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual then left campus.

November 5, 1:40 a.m. (Micah Building): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual sleeping outside the entrance of the building. An officer responded and made contact with the individual who then left campus.

November 5, 8:33 a.m. (Sparks Center): Campus Safety was contacted by an employee after encountering an individual going through the dumpster. The individual was advised to leave campus. An officer responded and escorted them off campus.

November 5, 10:18 a.m. (Atkinson GSM): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer encountered an individual camped out behind the building with a dog. The officer made contact with the individual and informed them they would have to relocate off campus. The individual then left campus.

November 5, 6:13 a.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual under the influence in a wheelchair attempting to enter the building. An officer responded and met with the individual and informed them that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual then left campus.

November 7, 1:22 p.m. (Mill Street): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual yelling passing through campus. An officer responded and met with the individual and informed them that the campus is closed to visitors. The individual then left campus.

November 7, 6:00 p.m. (State Street): Campus Safety received a call reporting armed protestors on university property. Officers responded and checked the area and encountered unarmed individuals entering their vehicle.

November 8, 9:07 a.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call from Bon Appetit staff reporting an individual has stolen food and refused to leave. An officer responded and escorted the individual off campus. Salem Police was contacted to assist in removing the individual, but the individual had already left.

November 8, 4:03 p.m. (Hatfield Fountain): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual on campus without a mask on. An officer responded and located the individual and they were removed from campus.

November 8, 5:14 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call reporting a group of individuals without masks on. An officer made contact with the family and informed them that masks are required on campus and the campus is closed to visitors. The individual then left campus.

November 8, 10:41 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): While on patrol, a Campus Safety officer encountered an individual going through the dumpster. As the officer approached the individual, they waved and got on their bicycle and left campus.

Theft

November 4, 12:17 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety was contacted by WITS after noticing a camera missing from a classroom. A report was filed.