Sparks reopens with limited capacity, students must sign up for use

Emma Innes

Staff writer

Sparks Fitness Center will reopen for student use starting Thursday, Feb. 11. Sparks previously was [closed] due to state restrictions not allowing sport facilities to open. New restrictions allow a maximum of six people in facilities with over 500 square feet. While the fitness center will reopen, the Sparks pool will remain closed to recreational swimming.

There is a list of guidelines that must be followed to use Sparks. Only six people will be allowed to use Sparks at a time, wearing masks and maintaining a distance of 25 feet. Students must sign up for an hour block in Sparks, each student allowed three sign ups a week. The schedule will be made available for sign-ups each Sunday. Due to the 25 feet distance requirement, there will be restrictions over how many individuals can be in each room and restrooms are being designated for each facility space. Athletic teams will work out together in Cone Field House under coaching staff supervision. The list of guidelines, sign up link and new Sparks hours can be found [here].

Economics professor vents at class, quits job

Chrissy Ewald Staff writer Students in Econ 454 The Next System were shocked when their professor berated them for laziness and announced by email he was leaving the school, one week before the end of

Collegian senior spotlight: grads on variety of paths

Jesse Buck Lifestyles editor Mary Wang How long have you worked for the Collegian and in what positions? This past year was my first and only year working at the Collegian as the Production Manager. W