Sparks reopens with limited capacity, students must sign up for use

Emma Innes

Staff writer

Sparks Fitness Center will reopen for student use starting Thursday, Feb. 11. Sparks previously was [closed] due to state restrictions not allowing sport facilities to open. New restrictions allow a maximum of six people in facilities with over 500 square feet. While the fitness center will reopen, the Sparks pool will remain closed to recreational swimming.

There is a list of guidelines that must be followed to use Sparks. Only six people will be allowed to use Sparks at a time, wearing masks and maintaining a distance of 25 feet. Students must sign up for an hour block in Sparks, each student allowed three sign ups a week. The schedule will be made available for sign-ups each Sunday. Due to the 25 feet distance requirement, there will be restrictions over how many individuals can be in each room and restrooms are being designated for each facility space. Athletic teams will work out together in Cone Field House under coaching staff supervision. The list of guidelines, sign up link and new Sparks hours can be found [here].

Hate group rally expected on Capitol grounds Saturday

Chrissy Ewald Staff writer On Saturday, Feb. 27, members of the far-right hate group Proud Boys are expected to hold a rally at the Oregon State Capitol. The rally will be centered at the corner of Co

Goudy Commons to reopen indoor dining

Emma Innes Staff writer Goudy Commons will be reopening indoor dining now that Marion County has [moved] to the “high risk” category. “High risk” counties are [allowed] indoor dining with some capacit

• Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • White Facebook Icon