ASWU passes budget only including clubs with anti-racism action plan

Noah Dantes

Editor-in-chief

At ASWU’s March 4 meeting, senators voted to approve a budget granting funding to all clubs that had submitted an anti-racism action plan. The budget passed on March 4 included the three clubs that had submitted a plan after the Feb. 25 meeting. Esports, the only club without a plan to date, was the only club not to receive ASWU funding during this round due to not having an anti-racism plan. Additional ASWU outreach to Esports is planned to explain the process and support them in the creation of a plan.

ASWU President Claire Mathews-Lingen [had vetoed] a budget passed during the Feb. 25 ASWU meeting granting funding to all clubs, including those without an anti-racism action plan. Mathews-Lingen vetoed the previous budget due to how the vote occurred: “Senators were still asking questions and stating confusion as the vote took place, not to mention that we were nearing 2hrs & 40min [normal meetings last an hour], and several senators had logged off by the time the vote took place.” The March 4 meeting only lasted 50 minutes. The next ASWU Senate Meeting takes place at 7 p.m. on March 11, which students can view [on Zoom].

Economics professor vents at class, quits job

Chrissy Ewald Staff writer Students in Econ 454 The Next System were shocked when their professor berated them for laziness and announced by email he was leaving the school, one week before the end of