Jett's Sports Report: Issue I

Updated: Nov 1, 2022

Jett Star

Sports Editor

Art by Minna Zhou

From the weekend of Oct. 14 - Oct. 16

Volleyball might as well have shown up to Sparks with brooms in hand on Friday because they swept Linfield 3-0. Olivia Cadien led the team in kills that day with 17. Unfortunately, they fell the next day in a 3-1 defeat to Pacific.

Women’s Soccer tied Whitworth 0-0 on Saturday. On Sunday they dominated Whitman with a 3-0 win. Goals came from Ella Abraham, Erin Denney and Braeden Glaser. Women’s soccer now has a record of 3-6-1 in the conference.

Men’s Soccer suffered their first loss of the season on Saturday as they fell 3-1 to Whitman. They followed their loss with a 1-0 win against Whitworth. Both goals of the weekend came from Pierce Gallaway. Men’s soccer now has a record of 8-1 in the conference.

Football lost to Lewis and Clark 17-39. Jared Paredes scored two touchdowns and Camdin Dirnberger scored a field goal all in the first half. This puts the football team's overall record at 2-4.

Men’s and Women’s Cross Country are preparing for the Northwest Conference Championship meet on October 29th.

Triathlon traveled to the D3 eastern regional meet in Virginia where Ella Isaacson finished 7th, Veronica Castille finished 11th, and Abbey Staniec finished 15th. Ria Martinez, Molly Parsons and Alessandra Armenta-Lopez also made the trip for the Bearcats.

Women’s Basketball begins their preseason on Oct. 30th.

Men’s Basketball traveled up to Canada to begin their preseason. They beat Columbia Bible College 98-86 and lost to Langara College 85-117. Jack Boydell led the team with 38 points between the two games.

Men’s Golf is preparing for the Whitman Invitational on Oct. 22nd and 23rd.

Men’s and Women’s Swim are preparing for the NWC sprints meet at Pacific Lutheran on Oct. 28th.