Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Updated: Oct 7, 2020

Suspicious Activity

Sept. 6, 12:24 p.m. (Jackson Plaza): While on patrol, an officer noticed a suspicious individual. The officer watched the individual until they were off campus. 

Sept. 8, 8:28 p.m. (Halle Ford Museum of Art): While on patrol, an officer encountered a transient camping outside of the building.The officer met with both individuals and they left campus. 

Sept. 9, 1:00 a.m. (Hatfield Fountain): Two individuals flagged down officers to report a suspicious individual. The officer met with the individual and advised them that they needed to leave University property. The individual was later observed on camera, still on campus, and officer searched the surrounding areas for the individual. The individual left campus shortly afterward. 

Sept. 9, 2:17 p.m. (Matthews parking lot): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual digging through a dumpster. An officer responded and met with the individual. The individual left campus shortly afterward. 

Sept. 9, 8:18 p.m. (Sparks Center): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual yelling at students. An officer responded and searched for the individual. Willamette Watch encounter the individual and called officers. Officers met with the person and they left campus. 

Sept. 12, 10:02 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious vehicle that was following a student earlier that morning. The student also reported friends had encountered the same situation. The student was advised to contact Campus Safety if this or something similar were to happen again so that an officer can immediately assist. 

Trespass Warning

Sept. 7, 2:51 p.m. (Kaneko parking lot): Campus Safety received a call reporting a transient camping near the parking lot. An officer responded, encountered two individuals and they left campus.

Vehicle Accident

Sept. 9, 4:00 p.m. (Sparks parking lot): A student came to the Campus Safety office to report that their vehicle had been damaged while parked in the parking lot. A report was filed.