Jett's Sports Report: Issue 4

Jett Starr

Sports Editor

Graphic by Minna Zhou

Men’s Soccer won the Northwest Conference! A 5-0 blowout against Linfield will allow them free bling in the form of championship rings. Next they will sail their championSHIP to Chicago to play Wisconsin Platteville in the first round of the national tournament.

Women’s Soccer saw their season come to a close in a disappointing fashion. They lost 4-0 to Puget Sound and 3-0 to George Fox.

Volleyball beat both their opponents over the head with brooms as they swept both Lewis and Clark and George Fox 3-0. Shyla Sato reached 1,500 digs in her Willamette Career at the game against Lewis and Clark. Their conference season ends with a record of 10-6.

Football lost to Linfield 65-0. Linfield displayed the score proudly on their giant jumbotron. The brightside is that next they play 0-6 Puget Sound, not 6-0 Linfield. This upcoming game is a great chance to end the Bearcats five year run of going winless in the Northwest Conference.

Triathlon is preparing for the Women’s Collegiate Championship in Tempe, Arizona on Nov. 12.

Cross Country is preparing for the NCAA West Regional Meet on Nov. 12.

Men’s Swimming lost at Linfield on Saturday but won at Pacific on Sunday. Ethan Davies led the Bearcats with two individual wins on Sunday—nevermind the fact that he swam the 400 individual medley unopposed.

Women’s Swimming lost to both Linfield and Pacific. The brightside is that Alayna Kisiday won her 100-yard freestyle race against Linfield, while Sarah Jenner won two individual events against Pacific. Pacific has nothing on Sarah Jenner.

Men’s Basketball lost 121-76 against Bushnell. Jonathan Watts, Jack Boydell, and Paul McSlarrow combined for 50 points. Bushnell had six players hit double digits for points, while we had three. A real bummer.

Women’s Basketball plays D1 University of Portland on Monday of this week.